Tuesday, April 22, 2008

2nd week in London - Tuesday

Alden and I stayed home in the morning so Alden could get a decent nap in - he didn't get one at home yesterday morning. After lunch, Alden and I ventured out to Baker Street and we got on the bus heading toward Westminster. Our original purpose of heading out was to go on a walking tour, but the bus was really slow so I was late again. I decided to get off at Trafalgar Square and make a dent in the National Gallery instead. By the way - in 1995 Trafalgar Square was full of pigeons that you could feed for 10 pence. The birds landed all over you - your arms, head - everywhere.... They are all gone now thanks to the Mayor of London. The statues look much better now. :)The weather was over 65+ degrees F and it was sunny. Everyone was outside. It would have been a great day for a walking tour but.... oh well.

I caught a short one hour tour at the Gallery and wandered around the Impressionist Rooms for a bit. I was holding a wiggly Alden and looking at a George Seurat painting when I hear, "Ms. Kingman?" I turn around and Casey Levesque and Maureen Reagan are standing there, two of my students from when I taught in Salem, MA! Holy Smokes! They were in London with their PoliSci Class. Completely crazy!

No comments: